As an affiliate marketer, carefully consider the products and companies you choose to promote.
While Amazon may seem like a convenient and profitable choice due to its massive customer base and wide range of products, there are several reasons why affiliates may want to consider alternative options.
- Low commissions: One of the main drawbacks of promoting Amazon products is the low commission rates. Amazon’s standard commission rate is just 1-10%, depending on the product category. This means that affiliates may only earn a small fraction of the sale price for each product they promote. In contrast, many other affiliate programs offer higher commission rates, sometimes up to 50% or more.
- Difficult to track conversions: Amazon’s tracking system can be challenging to use and may not accurately track all of your sales. This can make tracking your earnings and optimizing your marketing efforts difficult.
- Competition: With millions of affiliates promoting Amazon products, it can take time to stand out and make sales. The sheer number of affiliates can make it difficult to see your product seen by potential customers, leading to low conversion rates.
- Limited control over the customer experience: As an affiliate, you have little control over the customer experience once a sale is made. This means you have no control over the product packaging, shipping, or customer service. If the customer has a negative experience, it can reflect poorly on you as an affiliate.
- Reputation: Amazon has faced criticism for its treatment of workers, tax practices, and environmental impact. As an affiliate, you may not want to promote a company that has faced such criticism.
Instead of promoting Amazon products, affiliates may consider promoting products from smaller, independent companies.
These companies may offer higher commission rates, better tracking systems, and more personalized support for affiliates.
In addition to Amazon, there are several other popular affiliate marketplaces that affiliates may want to consider. Here are five alternative options:
- ClickBank: ClickBank is a marketplace for digital products such as ebooks, software, and online courses. Affiliates can earn commissions of up to 75% on sales of these products.
- CJ Affiliate: CJ Affiliate, formerly known as Commission Junction, is a marketplace for physical and digital products. It has a wide range of products in various categories, and affiliates can earn commissions of up to 8% on sales.
- ShareASale: ShareASale is a marketplace for physical and digital products, focusing on small and medium-sized businesses. It offers various products in various categories, and affiliates can earn commissions of up to 50% on sales.
- FlexOffers: FlexOffers is a marketplace for physical and digital products that focuses on quality products from established brands. It offers various products in various categories, and affiliates can earn commissions of up to 50% on sales.
- Rakuten Marketing: Rakuten Marketing is a marketplace for physical and digital products, focusing on performance-based marketing. It offers a wide range of products in various categories, and affiliates can earn commissions based on the performance of their marketing efforts.
Those mentioned above are just a few examples of the many available affiliate marketplaces. By researching and comparing different options, affiliates can find the marketplace that best fits their needs and goals.
Promoting products from smaller companies can also give affiliates more control over the customer experience and the ability to build a stronger relationship with their audience.
Affiliates may also consider promoting products from companies with a vital social or environmental mission.
Promoting products that align with your values can build a more authentic and meaningful connection with your audience.
Ultimately, the best products and companies to promote will depend on your audience and the type of content you create.
By carefully considering your options and researching the products and companies you promote, you can build a successful affiliate marketing business that aligns with your values and goals.